Thanks to FASTag, your toll charges are deducted automatically without the need for waiting in long queues. FASTag uses RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) to automate the toll deduction process.
How to get Fastag through ICICI Bank?
- First of all, go to the FASTag homepage and click on the ‘registration’ option. If you are registering for yourself, you can select ‘individual’, and if it is for a company, select the ‘corporate’ option.
- Then, you will be asked to enter your customer ID. If you are unsure about the customer ID, you can call customer care and confirm it first.
- After entering the correct ID, add the DoB (date of birth). The selected date of birth must belong to the actual owner of the vehicle. Keep in mind that you must choose the DoB and customer ID carefully; otherwise, you will not receive the OTP.
- The OTP is received through a text message on your registered mobile number. This may take one to two minutes. Once you receive it, carefully enter the six-digit number and submit it.
- Then, you will be redirected to the registration page. You will be asked to select a valid username and password.
- For your account’s security, you need to answer three security questions.
- After you have made the account successfully, you will be asked to log in using the username and password you selected earlier. Keep in mind that this password is highly sensitive and must not be shared with anyone else.
How can you recharge your FASTag account?
This is a common question that many people Google every day. Through this comprehensive guide, you will get the answers to all your questions.
- Login to registration using your username and password.
- After you have logged in, go to the ‘payments’ option. Make sure you select the Tag account, not the COG wallet.
- Select the Tag account and enter the amount you want to recharge.
- Your FASTag account can be recharged by paying through a cheque or even by online banking. In the case of online banking, there are different options such as payment through ICICI bank corporate Internet Banking, which is free of charge, Credit or Debit cards, NEFT, and UPI (Unified payment interface.) If you do not know about how you can pay through any of these options, you can click on the guide they offer on the website.
- Once you have made the payment of the amount you want, you can also activate a monthly package of your choice.
- Then, view the tag account summary for your vehicle and select the option of ‘pass.’
- Choose the correct license plate no., HEX Tag no., pass type, concessionaire, plaza, and activation start date to activate the pass.
- Select and add the payment you want to recharge.
- Then, go to the tag account summary and check if your pass has been activated.
- In case, you have added the payment in the COG wallet by mistake, go to the COG wallet and select the option of the transfer. From there, you can add the amount to your vehicle.
For KYC customers, the recharge limit is up to Rs. 100,000. However, for non-KYC customers, a top-up of only Rs. 20,000 is allowed.